We will gladly organize an excursion package for you or we’ll be happy to help you organize one.
If you’re looking for a day trip, Gainesville is 45 minutes away from pristine, crystal-clear springs and spring-fed rivers. Our city is less than an hour drive from the picturesque Cedar Key on the Gulf of Mexico and one and a half hours away from the Atlantic Ocean. Traveling the same distance you can also reach St. Augustine, Florida, the oldest city in the United States.
If you’re looking for short excursions, Paynes Prairie State Preserve and a number of other parks are within 15 minutes of Sweetwater Branch Inn. Please contact us if you’re interested in an excursion package.
Sweetwater Branch Inn is proud to support its local community and invites you to visit our local theatre: The Hippodrome State Theatre. Housed in the historic Federal Building, at walking distance from our Inn, The Hippodrome has produced more than one hundred International, American and Southeastern premieres in its 25 year history. Acclaimed playwrights such as Tennessee Williams, Eric Bentley, Paula Vogel, Lee Breuer, Adrian Mitchell and Mario Vargas Llosa have developed new works on the Hippodrome stage. In addition to its mainstage season, the Hippodrome screens first-run foreign, limited-release and avant-garde films. For information on current plays and movies or to purchase tickets, visit http://thehipp.org.
Below you will find a number of links of interest.
Florida Outdoors / Parks
- The Original Florida Toursims Task Force
- Bivens Arm Nature Park
- Poe Springs Park
- Devil’s Millhopper State Geological Site
- Gainesville-Hawthorne Trail State Park
- Paynes Prairie State Preserve
- Ginnie Springs
- Canoe Outpost – Santa Fe River
- Gainesville Recreation and Parks Department
- Santa Fe Community College Teaching Zoo
- Mill Creek Farm Retirement Home for Horses
Shopping, Antiques, and Art
- Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art
- Oaks Mall
- Welcome to Micanopy
- Turkey Creek Antique Auctions
- Florida Museum of Natural History
- Matheson Historical Center
- Center for the Performing Arts
- Hippodrome State Theatre
- Canterbury Equestrian Showplace