At Sweetwater Branch Inn, we understand planning the wedding of your dreams while working within a budget can be difficult! With some flexibility, we can work with you to customize a package that can work for you!
Some helpful tips for working within a budget:
Choosing Your Date:
- Choose off-season months in Florida such as January, February, July, August, and September
- Choose a Friday, Saturday Brunch/Lunch or Sunday (instead of a prime Saturday late afternoon-evening)
Choosing Your Venue
- Choose a Ceremony and Reception site with built in charm so you won’t have to over spend on flowers and decorations to disguise a standard issue space
- Choose a place where the ceremony and reception can take place on the same property and save on site fees and transportation costs
Other Great Tips
- Choose a simple but delicious menu. A special one entrée dinner instead of multiple entrées or choose a heavy hors d’oeuvres dinner that is open upon guest arrival and skip the expense of a cocktail hour/light hors d’oeuvres.
- Hire local vendors. Support local businesses and benefit from them saving on their travel expenses (Feel good that this is also a ‘green’ choice).
- Save on your budget by being creative:
- Have your favors double as your dining table centerpiece. Make cookies or other treats and place them in little boxes of your wedding colors. Then stack them on a pretty platter or cake stand in the center of the table for guests to take one at the end of the night.
- Instead of renting or buying expensive linens, use a colored square linen napkin for a pop of color on basic white linens in the center of your dining tables. A simple centerpieces and small votive candles can then be placed in the center.